Saturday, September 17, 2022

Music I Listen To

Today I would like to share the artists and songs I have been listening to as of late. 

When I study, I tend to listen to Classical and Jazz music literature because personally it makes my brain think more. One album I have been listening to lately is an album titled Yoshiki Classical by: Yoshiki This is my favorite modern classical album written and composed in the 2010's. My 2 favorite songs in the album are Seize the Light and Say Anything. His music has so much emotion poured into each song, even his classical album even though there are no vocal lyrics. I feel like his classical album causes you to feel even more stronger emotions than his J-Rock band X-Japan even though all of his music is in my opinion one of the best modern Japanese musicians of all time.

Seize the Light: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xofN-Pg8qI

Say Anything: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oh3895szio4

Another album I have been listening to lately has been Sinatra at the Sands by: Frank Sinatra This is my favorite Album written and composed by Frank Sinatra. My favorite song in this album is Come Fly with Me. These albums help me focus and calm my anxiety when I am worried about studying. 

Come Fly with Me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rftTxmcLSfY

I also have been listening to a lot of Thai Music on my free time to help expose myself to the Thai Language even more. I am able to make inferences about what is being sung and when my wife speaks Thai. I now know when she gossips about me.😅 I have been listening to the Thai band Clash I have been listening to their albums multiple times. The way the lead singer shows and puts out so much emotion into each song makes you feel varying emotions even when you don't understand the language. Another Thai band I have been listening to is Tilly Birds. They are a modern Alternative Thai band. They target their music to high school students and young adults. 



Tilly Birds, ถ้าเราเจอกันอีก (Until Then): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwvv71slEYc



Clash, เธอจะอยู่กับฉันตลอดไป (You'll Be With Me Forever): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEPdo0IZkBY 



Thank you, guys, for taking your time to read this post this time.

19 comments:

  1. Never heard of Yoshiki. Very cool :-)

    Frank Sinatra? Very classic!

    So now you can make inferences your wife gossips about you in Thai? Good reason to listen to Thai music ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always seen my teachers putting on classical and jazz music with the lights dimmed to set the mood, but it sadly makes me more sleepy than focused. You have a wide variety of genres and I like how you listen to music that is composed in different languages, specifically Thai, to be able to capture the dialect and accents.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sinatra at the Sands. My Aunt had the original Album. Yoshiki is one I will have to check out. Excellent choices of music.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing your love of music! I love Frank Sinatra, and Yoshiki is just so smooth. I'll have to look up more from him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice! I used to work for a nice steakhouse that had classical music and a young kid that sounded like Frank Sinatra. The tone in his voice made the ladies go crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Classical music has been proven to improve brain function. I too listen to classical and jazz music while studying, reading and sometimes to help me sleep. Thank you for sharing the music links.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've heard of this album before, but I don't know anything about it. After your introduction, I think I need to listen to it sometime! Thank you for sharing; let me know more about music.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What I found the most interesting was the fact you are exposing yourself to a different language through music. I think this is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Classical music is very calming and helps you focus. I also listen to classical music when I study. Thank you for sharing the music you enjoy listening to.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My favorite song that I generally play while studying is Yellow Magic Orchestra - Tong Poo (1978) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2T7TXVtGGFc
    Great music from this band

    ReplyDelete
  11. Although I am unfamiliar with any of these musicians, I can tell that you enjoy listening to music. When I'm completing homework or other tasks, I have a tendency to listen to music since it keeps me focused.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Never heard of these albums, but they sound interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Connor, thank you for sharing the songs that you like to listen to. I'm going to listen "come fly with me" to calm my anxiety whenever I feel overwhelmed with my assignments.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice song choices! I used to take a vocal jazz class during high school, so I am very familiar with Sinatra. I never heard of those other artists though, maybe I will take a listen.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fly me to the moon let me see what life is like on Jupiter and Mars. Ill repay your kindness in sharing your music from artists in other country's with this one an artist from Norway. Angelina Jordan her cover of I put a spell on you is powerful.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's great that you listen to music from other cultures! Language barriers shouldn't keep us from experiencing art.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is amazing to know about you. I'm a classical guitar player and could listen to many types of different styles of music all day. Thank you for sharing this information.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I never heard of either of them, but I do agree music does help the brain concentrate.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I enjoy music playing while I study and do school work, I feel it helps me focus and tune out any outside distractions. I am more of a 90's R&B kind of guy during study time, although depending on the day I might do a little Crunk "Lil Jon and a few others from the early 2000's and I know these are too very different moods, but sometimes I need a little more help trying to focus and zone in.

    ReplyDelete