Saturday, November 12, 2022

Trying to Catch Up and Remembering our Veterans.

I have been struggling to catch up. I am starting to catch up but still feel very behind in class. I am going to use the next few days off I have to catch up completely in LabSim and hopefully take my MO-200 next class. It has been hard since my work has now started PEAK season, the preparations for Black Friday and Cyber Monday. Vacation Time Off and Personal Leave of Absences have been blocked off to prepare for the sheer volume of returns we are expecting in January. Mandatory Extra Time has been nonstop for the last 3 weeks. Reverse Logistics sites and Fulfillment Sites peak seasons are opposite to each other but the blocks start the same time. I have been working 50 hours the last few weeks and it has been making catching up harder due to the increase of work hours.

For the last 3 weeks, I have been listening to songs lately that are about remembering and honoring our military veterans that have fallen, retired, and currently serving. I am doing this because, I made a promise to my father to listen to these songs, and that majority of my whole family are Army, Air Force, Navy and Marine veterans. My great grandfather from Ireland also served in WWII  in the Royal Air Force. Also seeing and hearing about the sacrifices they have made for the United States and in WWII has been my greatest motivator to catch up and pass all of my classes.

Thank you to all that have served this country, and all of you are in my prayers.

POW/MIA - Department of South Dakota VFW

14 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you are able to use the next few days off to catch up :-)

    Majority of your family served/are serving in four of the five military branches? I thank them for their services!

    Their sacrifices make poignant motivation for you to catch up and pass all of your classes ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Catching up with school work seems to be the trend this holiday season. Just kidding. I commend you for working 40+ hours a week, I would be ultimately exhausted working that many hours. I hope you will be able to set aside time to focus on your school work and catch up. I am trying to get ahead of the lessons myself, but to no avail just yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh boy Connor! I can't imagine what your work schedule is like now that peak season has started. I hope you take care of yourself and your health during this time as overworking and stress can lead to physical ailments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mandatory overtime. ugh! I'm sorry you are struggling. I'm glad you will have some time to catch up. We are all here to help if you need it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That’s a lot of hours just in one week. I don’t think I would be able to work that many hours. I hope that you have time to rest.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a lot of hours in a week. Good luck catching up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good Job on catching up with Excel Good luck on the MO-200 exam.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope that you were able to catch up a bit after posting this, Connor. It is not always easy but you can do it. I also like to take the time to recognize our veterans. They more than deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you to your family for there service. After passing the MO-200 it seems to get a little easy maybe but the work load doesn't seem to heavy like in the beginning of the semester. Keep pushing my friend you can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The other week, there was so much roadwork and I accidentally cut off a veteran (it showed on his license plate frame) at the last second, which was completely my fault because our cars would have scraped each other at that moment. But luckily, they didn't! He drove to the side real fast and rolled his window down to scream at me, and I had to keep looking forward and pretend I didn't notice him at all. What an embarrassing encounter. Happy Veteran's Day to him. Good luck with peak season! Hope you end it off strong.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I frequently run upon veterans at work, which makes me reflect on the difficult labor they have done while maintaining their strength to this day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm you'll be able to catch up! It really is hard balancing work,school,ect

    ReplyDelete
  13. Here are a couple of oldies for you The Animals Sky Pilot, The Ballad of the Green Beret. You will catch up. You are fighter and a finisher.

    ReplyDelete